The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is the nation’s most trusted organization that customers turn to when looking for a roofing contractor (and other businesses) that they can trust. We at M & A Roof Home Improvement are proud of our consistent A-plus BBB rating. In today’s post, we share an overview of how the BBB rating system works and what it means for our customers.
Better Business Bureau Ratings
BBB rating system represents how the BBB views businesses and how they interact with their clients. Ratings range from A-plus as the highest and F as the lowest. Some businesses may be rated as NR (no rating) if the BBB is conducting a review on these businesses or if they haven’t received enough information about the business to merit a rating.
Unlike most business ratings systems, customer reviews are not factored into BBB ratings; they base their ratings on the following:
1. Complaint History With the BBB — These are customer complaints filed on the BBB’s website. The BBB also considers how the business responds to these complaints, all of which are manually reviewed. A residential roofing contractor that responds to a customer complaint in a timely and courteous manner has greater chances of getting a good rating.
2. Type of Business — A business that raises marketplace concerns or is believed to be violating the law will likely get a lower rating.
3. Time In Business — This covers the time the company has been in business, including changes in ownership.
4. Transparent Business Practices — A business that promotes transparency in their dealings can favorably affect BBB ratings.
5. Honoring Commitments to the BBB — A business that honors their commitments to the BBB is more likely to get a favorable rating.
6. Licensing and Government Actions Known to BBB — A business that’s properly licensed, insured, and bonded, as well as those without known government actions against them will likely get a better rating.
7. Advertising Issues Known to the BBB — A business that misrepresents the BBB’s trademarks and uses questionable marketing practices may result in a lower rating.
What an A-Plus Rated Contractor Means for Clients
Our A-plus rating is our clients’ assurance that they can trust us. We prominently publish the BBB A-plus rating badge on our website like a badge because we know that we’re providing the best to our clients. Our designation as a BBB Accredited Business reflects our commitment to good customer service and to make sure that our work reflects this commitment.
M & A Roof Home Improvement is your leading provider of roof repair and installation services. Give us a call at (757) 779-5244 or fill out our contact form. We serve customers in Norfolk and Williamsburg, VA.